I Slipped And Fell / I Tripped And Fell In Atlanta, Georgia
A claim for injuries can be made if the accident happens on someone else's property such as:
- in a store
- in an office building
- at an apartment complex
- in a house
- in a yard
- at a gas station
- in a parking lot
- on a sidewalk or in a stairwell
- on an escalator or in an elevator
- and most other places that are owned or being used by someone else.
Personal injury claims can also result from having something fall on you, explode and hit you, splash on you, and many other events that cause injury while you are on someone else's property.
The law in Georgia, however, places more responsibility on the injured person to avoid injury than you might think. Because of this, the specific facts of the "slip and fall" or "trip and fall" accident, including the answers to the following, will determine if you have a possible claim where you can recover money:
- were you invited onto the property or were you trespassing?
- where on the property did the accident happen?
- did you trip or slip on something that was recently dropped on the floor?
- did you fall because of something permanent like broken concrete or an uneven surface?
- had you traveled across the same spot in the past?
- what was the weather like at the time of the accident?
- where were you looking when you slipped or tripped and fell?
- what were you wearing?
- what were you holding?
- did the property owner know of the hazard?
- did the property owner recently inspect the premises?
- and many more detail questions.
It is important that you contact an Atlanta, Georgia premises liability attorney as soon as you can to preserve evidence and collect the detailed facts. These days most properties that are open to the public have cameras, and the recordings from these cameras must be kept to help prove your case. Witnesses must also be contacted to record their fresh memories. Pictures must also be taken soon after the accident.
Contact the Law Office Of Sidney Weinstein, 24/7, for a free slip and fall, trip and fall or other premises liability accident and personal injury consultation by calling 404-522-3108. We can come to you at your home or any of the Atlanta, Georgia area hospitals including Grady Memorial Hospital and Atlanta Medical Center.