I Was A Pedestrian Hit By A Car
Pedestrian accidents can be horrendous even at low speeds whether on the road or in a parking lot. Though a second car is not involved in the accident, the pedestrian still has the same rights as a motorist to seek compensation for injuries or death.
Just like with an auto, bicycle or car accident, you should not delay in contacting an Atlanta, Georgia accident injury attorney. Evidence at the scene, on the vehicle, with the pedestrian and with the witnesses must be collected as soon after the accident as possible, or it can be lost. As a result, your claim can be negatively affected.
Though you might think that fault always lies with the driver, there are times when both driver and pedestrian, or the pedestrian alone, can be accused of wrongdoing. The detailed evidence of the pedestrian accident can help avoid a conclusion against you.
The specific facts of a pedestrian being hit by a car will determine the possibility of recovery and how much -- such as:
1) Did the pedestrian "suddenly" dart into the road.
2) Was the pedestrian under the influence.
3) Where was the pedestrian walking at the time of the accident.
4) What signage was at the location of the accident.
5) Was the pedestrian walking against traffic signals.
6) Were there sidewalks available.
7) Did the pedestrian have an opportunity to avoid the accident.
8) Did the car have an opportunity to avoid hitting the pedestrian.
9) Was the driver or pedestrian distracted.
A thorough investigation will be performed once we are hired to pursue your pedestrian accident claim. If you or a loved one are hit as a pedestrian, it is very important that you speak with an Atlanta, Georgia personal injury attorney as soon as you can and before making any statements to or signing anything with the insurance company.
Contact the Law Office Of Sidney Weinstein, 24/7, for a free accident and personal injury consultation related to your pedestrian accident by calling 404-522-3108. We can come to you at your home or any of the Atlanta, Georgia area hospitals including Grady Memorial Hospital and Atlanta Medical Center.