head3 1027

mobile head 2

What If I Am In A Car Accident And Don't Have Health Insurance?

Attorneys regularly practicing auto accident and personal injury law know many medical providers who will treat you on an "attorney's lien" basis. This means that the bill for the treatment will be paid out of the money you receive from your accident and personal injury claim. Your lawyer is promising to the medical provider that he/she will withhold the money for the treatment from money received from the accident injury claim.

When there are injuries requiring surgery or other invasive medical procedure, it may be difficult to find the correct doctor to perform the operation on an "attorney's lien" basis. In that case, your attorney can assist you in obtaining financing for the procedure from an independent finance company. Here also, payment for the procedure would come from money your lawyer recovers for the injuries caused in your accident.

Another possible option depends on the auto insurance coverage on the car you were in or on the property where you slipped and fell. "Medical payments" or "medpay" coverage is optional insurance coverage in some policies which can be tapped for some. You attorney can assist you in determining if medpay coverage is available and whether or not it is in your financial best interests to use it.

If you are not certain of what to do after an accident, the safest course is to consult with an Atlanta, Georgia accident injury attorney as soon as possible. Contact the Law Office Of Sidney Weinstein, 24/7, for a free accident and personal injury consultation by calling 404-522-3108. We can come to you at your home or any of the Atlanta, Georgia area hospitals including Grady Memorial Hospital and Atlanta Medical Center.