head3 1027

mobile head 2

What Is “Loss Of Use” When I Am In A Car Or Motorcycle Accident?

The dollar value to you of "loss of use" would normally be equal to the cost of renting a car while your vehicle is repaired. Instead of making a claim for the dollar value of "loss of use", you can but are not required to accept a rental car until your car or motorcycle is repaired.

If you do rent a replacement vehicle, it will be paid for by the insurance company. You are not, however, required to rent a car to recover for "loss of use". If you have another mode of transportation during the time your car or motorcycle is in the shop, you can still recover the dollar value of a rental for that period of time you could not drive your damaged car or motorcycle.

Immediately after an accident, make sure you tell your insurance company and give your insurance company the other driver's insurance information. If you do not hire an attorney right away, make sure that the other driver's insurance company has been told about the accident and your intention to claim a rental car or the value of "loss of use."

If you are not certain of what to do after an accident, the safest course is to consult with an Atlanta, Georgia personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Contact the Law Office Of Sidney Weinstein, 24/7, for a free accident and personal injury consultation by calling 404-522-3108. We can come to you at your home or any of the Atlanta, Georgia area hospitals including Grady Memorial Hospital and Atlanta Medical Center.